The Ryerson Nursing Program Conference Award is open to nursing students from the Ryerson main site of the Ryerson Collaborative Nursing Program. This award is intended to help more nursing students attend the 2016 CNSA Ontario Quebec Regional Conference in Toronto with financial help coming from the Ryerson Collaborative Nursing Program. It is the hope of the Ryerson Collaborative Nursing Directors that the 12 successful applicants will come away from the conference experience inspired to impact their community and motivated to make a difference in the field of nursing. Award winners will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the conference after they complete a reflection report. The value of the award per winner is $85.00, which will cover the cost of the “Conference Only” fee. In order to qualify and receive the award, successful applicants MUST attend the Nightingale Gala on Saturday 1, 2016. The cost to attend the gala is $40.00 and must be paid by the applicants themselves.
In order to be considered for this award, students MUST submit an application before Saturday September 10, 2016 by 6:00PM. This award will be handled by the CNSA delegate from Ryerson University.
*Incomplete or late applications will NOT be considered. Terms and conditions apply*
1. The student must be a B.Sc.N nursing student at Ryerson University (main site) with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 (CGPA not applicable to Year 1 students).
1.1. Have a satisfactory achievement of learning objectives in the clinical placement to date;
1.2. Have obtained approval from their Clinical Instructor/Faculty Advisor for the core nursing courses;
1.3. Applicants will be required to contact their year lead and complete an application no later than ten (10) business days prior to attending the Ontario Quebec Regional Conference
2. The student must be able to pay the remaining monetary cost associated with Ontario Quebec Regional Conference attendance that the Ryerson Collaborative Nursing Program is not able to fund (e.g. flight, meals, transportation, etc.)
3. The student must be able to pay for all costs related to the Ontario Quebec Regional Conference (e.g. flight, meals, transportation, etc.) before being reimbursed after the conclusion of the Ontario Quebec Regional Conference
4. The student will attend the Ontario Quebec Regional Conference in Toronto in its entirety and must attend the Nightingale Gala. Applicants can purchase Package A initially, and then purchase the Nightingale Add-On upon confirmation of winning an award or they may purchase Package B/D directly.
5. The student must complete a reflection report about his/her conference experience following a format to be provided at the conclusion of the Ontario Quebec Regional Conference
6. The student must negotiate with his/her academic instructors about any missed clinical or class time or evaluation and make-up activities
In order to be considered for this award, students MUST submit an application before Saturday September 10, 2016 by 6:00PM. This award will be handled by the CNSA delegates from Ryerson University.
To apply, please complete the online application by following this link: https://goo.gl/forms/zQHVXihBuDA1290q2
Successful applicants will be notified by 12:00PM on Monday, September 12, 2016 with further information on the conference award. If there are any questions about the application or selection process, please contact your Sophia Wu at [email protected].